Saturday, April 9, 2011

Old friends

It's always great to catch up with a friend whom you haven't seen in awhile. I went to coffee with my old roommate, it had been a few months since we last talked/ saw each other. It was nice to have some girl time too, seeing as I usually am around Brian.

To be honest I missed the bonding girl time we use to have. We use to be joined at the hip, like almost literally. We would watch tons of movies, making dinner (usually hamburger helper) and played hours of Super Mario bros. We even had a math class together in college and would write each other notes during it.  After being friends for awhile we moved in as roommates along with another girl we both worked with.

We had some great times living together for the year that we did. We didn't leave on bad terms I just think that we needed some space from each other since we had seen one another every day for the past year. At that time I was going to move to Portland but some things changed and I never did.

Even when I came back to the Twin cities we never really hung out very  much. She had her life and I had mine. It wasn't that we didn't want to see each other, the opportunity never came up. She was either busy or I was. But none of that is the point here. My point is that it's great to see someone who you considered/consider your best friend. It's been too long since I hung out with a girl that it was refreshing. I love my boyfriend but gosh some girl time is needed.

Here's to many more days like today before I move.


Christina 

No comments:

Post a Comment