Friday, April 22, 2011

A day off

I've been a bad blogger lately. It's been awhile since I posted but I have a good reason. I've been busy with life and the fact that my apartment doesn't have internet and when I get off work I can't go anywhere for internet (everything closes in St. Paul around 5). I totally dropped the ball on Thoughtful Thursday but I'll post a belated one later on this afternoon.

So I took a day off of work this week, why? No real reason I just wanted a day to myself, coffee, and writing. So far I've eaten lunch with Brian, bought stuff for his birthday and had a good talk with my old boss and I just got a coffee (I made it myself). I'm planning on writing and job searching the rest of the day before we go out to dinner. If anything of this happens, we'll see. I should make it happen but sometimes other things get in my way.

I have a lot of things going through my head right now, lots of business ideas, future goals and everything in between. I've been thinking of what I want published and what I want to accomplish in my life. I've been accepting that I may not ever write a novel, maybe not this early in the stage. I'll wait till I'm a bit older or maybe getting my butt in gear and writing more will make me inspired to write one.

The other thing that's been on my mind a lot lately is job searching. I need to find a job in my new state (I'm not sharing the details just yet but when everything gets finalized I will). I hate job searching only because I feel like I'm never qualified for half of the positions I would want. But in order for me to be able to move I need a job and if we are going to move when we want to I have like 2 months to get one.

Lots of things are up in the air right now but all I know for sure is what I want to achieve. I know what I want to be, now I just need to reach for it. I need to stay positive and keep writing. I know I keep saying that but I need to make myself do it even when I don't feel inspired.


(I've been getting positive comments about my hair, it may just stay this way for awhile)

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment