Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dear you,

Hi.
It's been a very long time and I don't really know what to say. Deep down I miss you, how we acted around each other but at times I don't really miss us all that much. It's weird how it works that way, isn't it? Now I'm not saying that I hate you or anything. I guess I'm just trying to say that I've moved on, we had some great times but it will never be the same ever again. I think both of our feelings got hurt and we just can't forget that. It's a shame, yes but oh well. I moved away but I was never said good bye to. I moved back and both of us never tried to get in touch.

We can both blame life and say that we were busy with other stuff or other people. But I don't think we both wanted really try. I can say that for myself but I'm not going to put words into your mouth. Too many things happened between us even before I moved and that's the way it's always going to be. I never reach out to you and you never reach out to me. We'll say hi and I miss you but I think that's how our friendship is always going to be.

It's quite sad but I just can't make myself get that upset over it. People come and go. Maybe we were meant to be friends for how long we were and then were meant to be broken apart. Maybe it was all part of the game. Do you feel this way? Am I hitting the spot? Do you feel like it's completely over?

You've grown up, I've grown up. We've grown apart and our other relationships have grown immensely. I do miss our chats but not the ones that made me angry or the ones that made me feel like I was ten years old again. I do miss our note sharing during class and the inside jokes that we had. It was a fun couple of years, especially when we both worked together.

Those days will forever be part of some of my favorite memories from college. It was a great time but it was always going to end. We go to college and then we fly away. We go off and live our lives in the way we've always dreamed of. We just never fought to keep what we had built and we're not to blame. I'm not blaming anyone. But I'm not saying goodbye. I'm just saying I still remember those times and the laughs we shared. Those drunken nights were the best. I'll never forget what we had. Maybe later in life we can reconnect in a brand new way once everything has been settled. Until then, I'll be around.

Sincerely,

Christina


No comments:

Post a Comment