Thursday, July 14, 2011

Finally

After months of not being able to log in I'm finally able to. It's rather strange because I was just making a new blog on blogger. But hey at least I can log in now and don't have to restart my blog. Though I will need to give it a little bit of an update, I must change the layout.

So many things have changed since I blogged last. The last time I blogged was way back in May and now it's the middle of July. Let's see, the biggest news I have is that I have moved to Nashville, Tennessee. Brian and I made the 14 hour drive about a month ago and have been loving every second of it. We packed everything into a moving truck and started our journey to his parent's place in Des Moines, Iowa. Let's just say that we both were every irritated because most of our stuff wouldn't fit in the moving truck so we just started to throw it in. Most of it wouldn't fit and we were running behind our schedule, granted we never had one but we really wanted to be on the road to Iowa by like 1.

Life is never how you plan it and we ended up getting on the road by 3 instead, so we rolled into Des Moines around 8 or so. His parents were so great and helped us reload the truck because we had tons of stuff to pick up at their house for our new place. Our plan was to get up early but we were quite tired from the day before so we slept in. We got on the road around 10 or so. It was a long, long, drive. Brian was driving the moving truck and I was driving his pick up truck so we couldn't take turns driving. Four stops or so and a whole day behind us we finally made to Nashville around midnight.

Of course being on the road and not getting until midnight we did not pack. Inside we got some blankets and our pillows and slept on the floor. It was quite uncomfortable but hey nothing we could do. The next day we unloaded everything and started the unpacking. Sometimes I really hate moving even though I really love moving into a new place every year. It took us less than a week to get everything out of boxes and put where we wanted it. So far I love this place, I love that we have an office for us both to do our own things.

A few days after we moved in I had a dentist appointment, two weeks before moving to Nashville my wisdom teeth were hurting really bad. Like I couldn't open my mouth or chew because it hurt that bad so I needed to get them checked out. Well I went in and a week after we moved in I was scheduled to get my wisdom teeth out. The first couple of days sucked but now it's just fine and it's so worth it because now I don't ever have to worry about them ever again.

As for jobs we don't have any yet since the economy is so great. I contacted my temp agency and they are working to get me a job and I've been sending in the resumes. Sadly no one seems to want me. Though yesterday Brian and I dropped off our resumes to Third Man Records. We are hoping for some good news there even if it might be a long shot. Who knows maybe they will take a chance on one of us.

But until we get jobs our lives will be filled with nothing and swimming since we now have a swimming pool. I'm hoping to have one by the end of this month, I have bills to pay and a new phone to purchase. It's time for me to change some things on this blog so I'll leave you with this little beauty.

Christina

PS-Brian and I have been watching the crap out of Seinfeld and I love it! Also I don't know who made that picture because it was on a tumblr site with no credit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment