Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chinese food, Taxes, and The Greenhornes, oh my.

My day has been semi eventful. Brian and I got to sleep in this morning after waking up early for work this past week, it was amazing. We woke up with a craving for Chinese food, Panda Express is one of our favorites. So we drove to the Maplewood Mall and got some. We really didn't have much on our agenda for today besides getting our taxes done. We roamed around the mall for a bit, stopping in H&M where I bought some cowboy boots that were on sale. There happened to be an H&R block right across from the mall so we figured why not.

Brian did his taxes first and it took forever, well more like 2 hours but still. So many complicated things to do and figure out. He got his bill and I was kind of scared of how much he was charged so I told the guy that I was just going to do mine, myself at home. He tried to figure out a rough estimate of how much it would cost me and even that was still too much. I'm poor H&R block. We came back to Brian's place, since my apartment doesn't have internet and I tried to do my taxes myself.

It was a success, I went with Turbotax and everything was really easy to use. Thank goodness, I was afraid  it was going to be ridiculous. I didn't do a lot last year seeing as I was unemployed for 4 months and only worked two jobs the rest of the year. I didn't have anything else to claim besides living in Minnesota for the year. I'm actually shocked at how much I'm getting back for my refund. I'm so glad that I will be getting that much back, I haven't had that much money in my bank account for like 2 years.

What will I do with my tax refund? SAVE IT! Most of it will be put into my savings account and will not be touched unless I absolutely need it. Though I will spend some of it on things I've been wanting/needing for awhile. A new tattoo is in order and maybe some new clothes.

Right now we are just sitting around and waiting to grab some dinner, hopefully Panera then we are heading off to The Greenhornes show tonight at the Triple Rock Social Club that's in Minneapolis. They are a three piece rock band from Ohio and are on the Third Man Records record label (Jack White's label). Brian is really into them so it should be a fun show, plus I get to wear a new dress I got last weekend. You should really check out The Greenhornes. It might just be your new favorite band.

Christina

p.s. I will be working on my layout for a couple more days so just a heads up. I'll try to have it finalized by April 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment