Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday

It's that sweet sound of your lips on mine. It's those touches I can't erase from my mind. Your eyes linger in my heart. I can't stop this from coming. I can't stop my body from trembling, please stop it. Stop this love from spreading in my veins, I don't want to die. I'm in love but with what? The idea of love or the person you only show to me? I can't be the only person you love. Show me that I matter, that your breath would cease if I wasn't around. Show me the light of your heart, give me those timely beats. Let them engulf me in a fire I can die from. The heat can't harm me only bathe me in a glow I don't ever want to lose.

You may call me crazy, say that I have finally lost my mind but do you really know what crazy is? You and your so called perfect life. Death has never graced you, nor have you had to wander this earth searching for food. But that's not why I love you, no it's not your innocence in all things that matter. It's that glow, that twinkle in your eyes that brings me to my knees. My only question is, is this how you feel about me? Am I the blood that pumps through your veins or could you just throw me away like the trash?

I'm sorry is that a loaded question, too much for you to answer? Just spit it out, chew me up and leave to me perish. Let me become the ghost of my past, let me sink into that pot hole of hell and start to ponder. I can go back to the beginning, I can see clearly now. I can feel your presence but your body is gone. Where have you gone? Did the right one come along while I was loathing? Did she take you away? Show you everything you don't have with me?

Are her eyes happy unlike mine? Do they shine with that glory that I will never have? Does she take your breath away? I miss you. Please don't fly away just yet. Let's keep 'us' together for just a few more moments. Can we just fall asleep and dream of the past? Can we remember the first time we kissed, that time our bodies finally molded together? That first time that we let our guards down and had someone invade our space. Can we please go back to that moment when I showed you my heart and you loved it even if there were some bruises here and there. Can we please keep this love?


I choose you and always will.

If I sing will they hear the beauty in tragedy?
Will your grace by my saviour or will I die by his might?
My father's words ring hallow, the truth of love
I never listened and now I'm here
driving on these winding roads, they twist and turn
leaving me guessing the right path to choose
only I can see the light up ahead
only I can tell you when to go
my only heart beats for you
but doesn't that make me selfish?
Shouldn't I take all the pressure off of you?
Let you slide by with barely a scratch
If I'm going down without a fight
then I'm taking all of you with me
but only if you want to let go
and give me all of you.



Christina


No comments:

Post a Comment