Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Birthday Present

So this coming Saturday, May 7th, is my boyfriend's birthday. I don't have a ton of money so I usually tend to make him gifts. So for our one year anniversary I painted him a portrait of Jack White, for Christmas I painted him a guitar that is based off of one of Jimi Hendrix's. When I remembered his birthday I was a bit stumped as to what to give/make him. I find making gifts are more personable, plus he really likes them. I was at work a couple of weeks ago and the idea popped into my head. Why not recreate the drum heads that The White Stripes had?

I'm going to be painting the two famous drum heads that Meg White had, the button and the peppermint.



I'm making the button as the bass drum head and the peppermint is going to the rack tom head. I'm excited to see them all finished and hanging around his apartment. He's not going to be playing with them so up they go. I'll post some pictures when I'm done with them. 

Christina 



No comments:

Post a Comment